Aligned to the national person specification, this book assists those taking the GPST Stage 3 assessment.
GP ST: Stage 3 Assessment Handbook:
- Sections cover the structured interview, written prioritisation, group and communication tasks.
- Includes practice scenarios, advice and tips on point scoring and suggestions for research to encourage and develop 'GP' thinking.
- Encompasses practical, everyday aspects of GP specialty, with sample material on all areas to be covered in the assessment, allowing users to assess their awareness of appropriate conduct in complex, professional circumstances.
- Encourages exploration and offers suggestions in response, helping candidates to develop reasoning, learning and understanding.
- Includes a chapter of ‘important topics’ providing explanations to some of the unfamiliar jargon, central to life in general practice.
- Features inspiring anecdotes, hints and tips from GP ST doctors, previously successful in the exam, as well as tips on what the examiners are looking for and how to gain maximum points.